Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Being Adaptable

Well there is some crazy weather coming through the city right now. It is really forcing me to use my creative skills to get the workouts done. I have to say though with only 5 days left of real build training before the taper I have been extremely fortunate with the Winnipeg weather. This past weekend I had some of the best riding conditions I have had all year. So I cant really complain, that said cold weather with rain and 50 gusting 70k winds is just not fun. So being the way that it was I did my cycle inside. I created a little training dungeon in the garage. In a way I kinda like the trainer, for short stuff its fun, but I like the stimulus of being out side for long rides. I know some people do almost everything on the trainer. That would drive me mad. When I was in Syracuse one of Bryan's friends John Barclay said he did all his riding on a trainer. I can not imagine that. The mental power it would take to do that is enough to finish a race. haha. Anyways I got it done, and took a nap before heading to the y for the run. It was only an hour and with the tvs on the treadmills it wasn't all bad. If you workout at any fitness center you know they try and keep a limit on the cardio machines when its busy. At the y its 30 mins. The women running beside me I know she knows me cause she owns the running room in that area and I am always in there. We both started around the same time I knew she was probabily citiqueing me, thats the vibe she gives off. Now when it came to the 30 min mark, I got off my treadmill went and got some water waited for a couple minutes. By this time I figured " Fair game I am getting back on and finish the other half." And this lady whos known in the running community didnt get off. And it was BUSY very busy. She just stayed on for another 20 mins. I figured some one like her that calls herself a runner and owns a running store would show a little more courtousy for other. Anyways I just found it interesting I guess thats what happens when you run inside and have nothing else to look at.

Train Smart.

Photobucket

Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment