Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Valentines With An Itialin Beauty

Most people spend Valentines with there significant other, or out looking to be struck by cupids arrow. Where did I spend mine? In sin city Las Vegas, riding $7k worth of beauty Italian engineering. My date was a 2011 Pinerello Paris with Campagnolo chorus 11 speed, and it was love at first sight. The night before was a typical night in Vegas, gambling, drinking and not sleeping so needless to say I woke up feeling a bit off at 8:30 am. But work still needed to be done, so I hope on the bike and headed for the hills... literally.

Starting out it was all levels of bad sweating, nausea, and my heart rate was through the roof. All of which was self inflected so there were no excuses but to keep going. I was doing a route called the blue diamond loop on the west side of the city which included a loop through red rock national park. By the time I got to the park I was warmed up, which was good because the first 5 miles I climbed 100o feet. I was definitely hammering through all 22 gears.

This being my first experience with campy, I have to say I get it now. It just feels better. Its smooth, its firm, its everything you want. There attention to detail is top notch. The way hoods were shaped for your hands, and the numerous positions of the front derailleur. It feels solid, not tingy. Maybe its all in my head but I enjoyed the ride.

After I sweat out all the booze I really started to feel good. I was able to maintain high cadence and stay smooth. I stocked up on gels and bars at the local bike shop, plus all the sugar from the booze the night before I had tons of energy.

All in all it was a great ride I am really glad I did it. Next time I am in Vegas I will definitely do it again. In is much cheaper then gambling and you feel like a million bucks after!

Cheers

Davis

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment