Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Friday, July 30, 2010

Its Time

Well needless to say it has been an adventure. Training at this level has been both physically and mentally taxing. I thought that once I started working I would get into more of a routine with training and writing. I have never been through the MAO training before and overall it was a positive experience, I have actually put on about 5-7 pounds of lean muscle through out the entire cycle. The extra weight has seemed to effect my running speeds slightly, but I have defiantly become a more confident cyclist.

Throughout training there were no real exciting moments, my days have consisted of going to work at 7 -4 quick nap till 4:30 train from 5-9:30 shower and in bed by 10 to get my 8 hours of sleep. I was a machine I should have wrote one blog post and just copy and pasted it. ahahah. Finally yesterday I hit the road for Calgary. Finally a change. The ride was painless Kelcie drove the first half and I was able to grab a couple zzzz's on my regular sleep schedule. We arrived at the hotel unpacked and relaxed. I headed out and completed my training for the day.

In the evening Kelcie and I met up with a family friend that lives in Calgary he took us out for some amazing fish. I love it here, maybe because its not Winnipeg. Winnipeg is a dead end I need to get out of there. One of the things I was concerned about was racing at altitude. Calgary is at a much high elevation then Winnipeg. In my brief training session I didn't notice a differeance. either way that is a variable that is not in my control, so I am going to try and put my focus on the things I can control, like my attitude. All the training is done now I just need to relax and enjoy what the day brings.

Today we are off to check out the expo and drive the course to get a better sense of what to expect.

Happy training

1 comment:

  1. Chief, you're going to do great. I can feel it. You've done the work, now it's your time for the glory. Can hardly wait to follow you tomorrow.

    Good luck. I wish I was there for the post race party and yes, get out of Winnipeg. haha.

    B

    ReplyDelete