Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Off season

Once you get into triathlon if you really embrace the lifestyle is very hard to get out. Its like your in the mob. There is always something to keep you in it. When your training you have a purpose when you race you feel like you belong. When the season is over you think to yourself "what now?" last year with my poor performance at Muskoka there was only one option Train my fucking ass off and race hard next year. So I promptly signed up for Calgary, Syracuse, and MAO. Overall it was a good year this year. But you never learn anything from success. Although I accomplished most of my goals this season I now get to make new ones for next season. I am still working on them some of them are not directly triathlon related but they are related to my life so I can continue to live the endurance athlete lifestyle. After Clear water I was pleased with the finish under 5 hours. But it was only because of the cycle that it was possible. For the last few days I have been critically analyzing my run. I have come down to three ideas as to why it was sub par:

1. Genetics I am bigger Polish/Ukrainian, and I have never had my vo2 or lactic done.

Plan: So both of those are on the immediate to do list to find how to maximize my body type. And look into specific run coaching

2. The mental game. I always wondered can I push myself further into the hurt locker. When you think of it now its so much different then racing. While I was racing I was pushing so hard. To a point where it was the final time up that bridge my legs were like no we dont want to run anymore. I said to bad we are fuckin pickin it up all the way to the finish fuckers and I forced it. Either way I think I have some untouched mental capabilities.

Plan: Learn various focusing methods really harness my body as a whole.

3. Dont forget it was a long season. I forgot that I was on a performance program for 34 weeks. thats over a half year and makes for a very long season. I was pretty wiped by Clearwater. So for now I am really putting focus on rest and recovery something I didn't do last year. The more I read the more I realize that recovery is truly where you make all of the gains.

Plan: really listen to my body in the off season there will be plenty of time to hurt when its go time. Just stay fit eat healthy develop habits that will be helpful for next training season.

There is a little update as to whats been on my mind in a week with no training. haha Really its just mental training I cant wait for the next race I am thinking Boise in June and then WC's again in September should make for a better timed season.

Rest week

No comments:

Post a Comment