Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SAD

The weather in Winnnipeg sucks thats a given. In the past week it has gone from no snow and about -4 to about 25-35cms of snow and fucking cold. To go along with this I think I am getting effected by SAD seasonal affective disorder. I am really trying to stay positive but the weather is really just so shitty and sitting in the house drives me insane. But I was doing some reading and suppoitly a quick shot of carbs helps relieve the symptoms of SAD. So we will try that out and see how it goes.

As for training I have hopped back on track. I did a little swim yesterday and its amazing what a week will do to your body. My legs felt fresh first time in a long time. I only did 2000 with a couple of 100m repeats in the middle non over 1:35 and the first one was actually 1:25. I ran into another avid swimmer at the pool he was asking me about my training and racing. I told him about the season and how I was fortunate enough to make it to Clearwater. He was surprised I was back in the pool. He said"Aren't you going to take a month off?" I said"Haha no a week is enough and cutting back from 20+hrs a week to 5-10 that is time off." .

Its weird what endurance training has done to my mental process I break almost everything up into 10 min blocks because thats what happens while training if your not pushing for an HR or stride rate or cadence or destination. Sometimes when it just hurts you just say I can do 10 mins thats a coffee break its nothing. I find my self doing that a lot quantifiny things into 10 min blocks even a 4 hr shift doesn't seem that long after you have spent it riding a bike.

As for today I figured I would go for a little run not the best thing to do I guess but 20mins felt pretty good and I really enjoy winter running. I wore the gps and HR moniter but didnt check it once while I was running. 20 mins turned out to be really refreshing actually.

This season I dumped a lot of money into my bike. Last year I bought the basics a tri bike and wheels. Now that I have got pretty much my dream bike I am looking to upgrade my wheels. So on the block are my 2005 (undimpled) Zipp 404 tubular wheels. The wheels are in mint condition never crashed and come with tires and skewrs, I also have a campy freebody if you need it. They retail for around $2200USD. I am looking for $1000CDN I am open to all offers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment