Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The month of May

HAHAHA the month of may what a month a total write off for life. However not a write off for racing. May is the first month of racing. And it sure was different from the last years I have raced. I am on a whole new fitness level. I am so far ahead of myself I am going to have to recalibrate my goals for the racing season. The month started with a half marathon on may 3. Wether was decent.... cold but decent. I had lots of warm up time and mental calming with my girlfriend, I had my auntie and grandma on my back and nothing was gonna get in my way. The race started out smooth as usual. I looked at my gps and I was going much faster then previous races. I was aiming to do a 1:45:00 so 8/mile. As the race progressed instead of tiring out as usual. My legs stayed strong and more importantly my mind stayed strong. Which carried me to a 1:32:03 finish averaging 7:03/mile. I just smiled it was amazing. The second race was may 17 the NYPD memorial 5k in New York City. I went down there on a trip to visit a friend and I found a race to do. We showed up and the field was intimidating. This is the second 5k this season so I was able to gauge pace better. I was broken down from work but I put everything I had into that race. It payed off with a pb running a 19:18 6:13/mile avg. I almost shit. I Davis Sohor had broke 20min!!! and I won the 20-24 age cat. I was so pleased with my fitness. The final race which was actually in june it was today. My first olympic tri. I won my age cat the 2 people that were in it haha. But i beat that fucker hahah. Anyways more importantly the water was 13 degrees. But I have never done this distance or phathomed this distance before. The swim was relaxing, the bike was comfortable and the run was unspeakable. It was a 10k run i went out after a 40k bike and was averageing a 6:03 mile and i wasnt been breathing yet i was able to avg a 6:45 overall for a 43min 10k. through all this i try to have as little ego as possible. i am just grateful for the fitness level i have achieved. i am grateful my training and hard work has actually paid off. Life is good and i am enjoying it to the fullest. Until the next one. Stay positive!!!


Police service half marathon: 1:32:03 avg pace 7:03/mile
NYPD memorial 5k: 19:08 avg pace 6:03/mile
Triple Threat Olympic Triathlon: 2:32:03

No comments:

Post a Comment