Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Monday, April 19, 2010

The 10k run....s

Well yesterday was the first 10k of the year. The week lead up was better then the 5k I spent less time on my feet and my legs felt rested. The thing about choosing to be an endurance athlete is that you can train all you want but if you dont have it on that specific day you just dont have it. That why you just have to enjoy training and embrace the day of racing theres no such thing as a perfect race.

This race was nice my brother Paul even came out to do it. It was nice to go with all the boys me my dad and Paully. When we arrived I started into my warm up I noticed my hr was a bit higher then normal, and I needed to use the bathroom. I thought well better now then later. Before the start of the race I met Bryan Paynes cousin, he was very nice said he recognized me from Bryans blog. Bryan had sent me an email about him earlier this week, it was nice to follow up. Its a small world or just a small winnipeg I guess.

When it came time for the gun to go off I felt fairly ready. I like 10ks better then 5ks there a little less painful. A more relaxed start. I started out good on pace for what I wanted to run, but I noticed my hr was not corrisonding to my effort. I couldnt quite figure it out. I was fine until around 5k then I realized what was going on. My body was working to digest as well as run. At about 6.5-7 i almost shit myself. at that point I was just tring to finish. I would try to pick up the pace but it was scary. I didnt wanna end up like Julie Moss and shit myself. As soon as I finsihed I headed straight for the restroom. It was far from solid. haha.

I sill managed a 42:xx. Not bad all things considered. But not to be discourged there will be another chance I just have to keep on doing what I am doing and take this as a lesson learned.


Happy training.

2 comments:

  1. Still not bad, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tough break! Yeah, it was nice to meet you face to face. See you this sunday at the 15km

    Jason Guarino (Bryan's cousin)

    ReplyDelete