Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Saturday, August 7, 2010

One more time

Well it has been a few days since I have exercised, it feels weird to have all this extra time. After finishing the race report I felt the need to email my coach and thank him for the program and get some advice on future plans. For the next 2 weeks I will be doing some unstructured training, then starting another 12 week session starting August 23rd.

During the heaviest parts of the training I felt so drained but now that its not there I feel lost. It was really the only thing that was stable in my life. Everything else was in constant flux, but I knew every morning that there was going to be training that needed to be done.

I have been using this extra time to finish other project such as my truck, and unpack and get re organized for the next bout of training. While I was in Calgary Kelcie bought me a few books on triathlon training and scheduling, and bike mechanics. Both are quite interesting. The triathlon training book I have found to be quite helpful. It bases on a lot of the topics I have studied in school and makes them specific to triathlon. I haven't fully bit into the mechanic book yet but next time I need to do some maintenance I am sure it will come in handy.

I have learned a lot this year about bike maintenance from working at the bike shop. I and I have taken apart and re built my bike a few times this year just because I am getting picker of the way it runs. But I guess its paying off because I had a great cycle in Calgary. The prairie kid was crushing hills even though there are non in sight here.

I think I am going to go for an easy run today and then I am doing a non-competitive century with my dad tomorrow. I am just going to go out and enjoy the ride. I will post a complete update tomorrow along with my unique bike I put together for the ride.

Happy training

No comments:

Post a Comment