Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Monday, January 4, 2010

One More Time

Well I made it to Banff one more time. I didnt think I was going to make it there this year. I have no regrets on going even though it took a toll on my body. The ride down is always a party, but I did manage to catch a few z's.

The first day on the mountain always beats you down cause we get off the bus and straight onto the gondola. Last year I was able to get in 2 or three runs. But I guess that new bike trainer is really kicking my ass, because I woke up on day 2 and I could barely walk. So I popped some aleve and with the help of my friends I made it to the hill again.

Our bus driver this year was probabily the best one we will ever have. He came out to the bar with us played drinking games with us, everything it was like he was on the trip.

New years was alright the celebration was not as good as it usually is but new years in banff is always better then new years in Winnipeg.

The only run I did manage to squeeze in was on new years day. It was not the best run I have had but it was still a run. It felt good to do something I was used to. The snowboarding was really beating up my legs. The next day I actually felt better on the hill, I am going to credit that to the run.

On the last day I got a bit of a scare I have ridden in the mountains before and I know that when your tired and especially on the last day, that is when you get hurt. This time I was attentive and I was given 3 warnings. The first was when we hiked into the backcountry I almost hit a tree, The second is when I eneded up in a creek on my way through the ski out and the thrid which I will have to post a picture of is that I snapped the baseplate on my binding. I was going full tilt and landed flat off a roller and almost snapped the binding right off my board. I am luckey I am not hurt and I called it quits after that.

Anyways I am back safe and grateful I am not injured and I was able to push through the swim today.

New Years Day Run
Duration: 48 min 50 sec
Distance: 6.0 mi
Avg. hr: 0
Avg. speed: 7.4 mi/h
Avg. pace: 8:08 / mi
Intensity: 4

Todays Swim:

Duration: 1 hr
Distance: 3000.0 m
Avg. speed: 0.8 m/s
Avg. pace: 2:00 / 100 m
Intensity: 5

2 comments:

  1. Sounded like a great time. Glad you didn't get hurt on that last run. Here's to you kickin ass in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man and same to you! Cant wait for Syracuse. We are going to dominate.

    ReplyDelete