Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The mental game

When you first look at the distances of an ironman or half ironman for that matter they appear astonishing. But you look at them for a while and finally you sign up to do one. Now on my 5th mounth of training I am doing distances in my leasure time that in highschool i though were a little too much. Today I had a long run to complete. I did two laps of the local park with is 7 miles around once if you stay on the out side of the loop. In highschool i thought this would have been insane. But i am older and wiser now. My nutrition is better, and after one loop i simply pickup my gatorade turned around and headed back the other way without thinking. When i run or to any excercise for that matter I don't listen to music. It keeps the mind active. Your mind is always active and easliy distracted. What is difficult is to keep the mind quiet. After about a lap and a half my mind became quite. It is a peaceful place. It was snowing and finally warmer (-9) and a beautiful day to be outside. I finished the run 11.6 miles and i felt refreshed. It was enjoyable for me to run for that long. It was a beautiful day and i was just running and thats all there is to say.............



Long slow distance:

Distance: 11.5 miles
Time: 1:36:00
Avg pace: 8.19 min/mile
Avg hr: 143

No comments:

Post a Comment