Protein Deals!!

http://canadianprotein.refr.cc/HMM7T7G

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Indoors was actually enjoyable

In Winnipeg with the windchill last night tempuratures reached -48C. Which is jusst ridiculous. But its a good thing I picked up my new trainer on friday and I spend the evening getting the basement all set up for my first session.

So with a movie on and the sweat rag hooked up and some food I was ready to go. I have done a lot of reading about these trainers but this was the first time I would actually ever ride one. This was probabily the most excited I have been to ride inside since I got my rollers.

I started up and I was amazed at the road like feel of the trainer. It would fight as you increse speed but as you got up to speed it allowed you to sink into a groove, just as you would if you were cruiseing down the road. If I but it into the harder gears I found that it would actually provide enough resitance to push me out of the saddle. This trainer it really going to help me increase my power I am extremly happy with the purchuse. The other key feture I noticed was how incredibally quite it was. I actually had to turn the volume on the tv down because I had overestimated just how loud it was going to be.

As I was watching the movie I started to play mental games. Sprinting when there was a car seen and doing slow cadance power builds during intense discussion scenes. I was amazing how fast the 2 hours went by. I will be looking forward to watching movies and doing my long rides. I used to dred it but when you have the right equipment it can actully be very enjoyable.


Long cycle:

Duration: 2 hr
Hr moniter crapped out guess needs new batteries
Intensity: 4

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the investment was well worth it! recap, what trainer did you get?? cheers

    ReplyDelete